The market is flooded with a huge number of products and services. Consumers face difficulty in selecting the best product that suits their needs. To ease this process for consumers, we have compiled a list of Top 12 Best Wood Lathe Under 500 which will help them to make an informed decision while purchasing any product or service.
Our team has taken into consideration various factors including customer feedback, features, specifications and price among others before finalizing these products. This list can be used as a reference by all our readers who are looking for Top 12 Best Wood Lathe Under 500 We hope you find this article useful!
Best Wood Lathe Under 500
WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8" by 12" Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe
$149.58 in stock
1 used from $142.10
- Perfect for pens, bowls, cups, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- 3.2-Amp motor provides over 50% more power than most 8-inch wood lathes
- Adjust the soft start variable speed motor anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
- Features a 2.3-Inch face plate, an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, and two interchangeable tool rests
PSI Woodworking LCHSS8 Wood Lathe 8pc HSS Chisel Set
2 used from $78.19
- Ideal chisel kit for turning pens pepper mills spindles bowls and lots more woodturning projects of all sizes
- Each chisel measures 16-1/4" in length with a 6-1/4" M2 High Speed Steel blade and a 10" hardwood turned handles
- Set includes (8) chisels 3/16" Parting Tool 5/8" Spear Scraper 1" Skew Chisel 5/8" Skew Chisel 5/8" Round Nose Scraper 1/2" Bowl Gouge 3/4" Spindle Gouge 7/8" Roughing Gouge
- Includes wooden case for storage and carrying
- Great for woodworkers woodturners and penturners of all skill levels
WEN LA4374 3.75-Inch 4-Jaw Self-Centering Lathe Chuck Set with 1-Inch x 8TPI Thread
- Scroll chuck perfect for holding bowls, spindles, and other unwieldy lathe projects
- Internal jaws tighten around workpieces varying from 1-1/4 to 2-1/2 inches in size
- External jaws spread inside of workpieces with pilot holes ranging from 1-3/4 to 3-1/8 inches
- Keyed tightening mechanism provides additional grip strength to the workpiece
- Features a 1” x 8 TPI thread for compatibility with the majority of wood lathes on the market
300mm /11.8inch Round Center Finder Compass for Wood Turners Lathe Work Clear Acrylic Drawing Circles Diameter
- This center finder is perfect for laying out bowls, trays and platters
- Finding the center of irregular shapes to optimize yield is simple and easy
- Made from clear, fully transparent acrylic with a center hole and clearly marked circles in 5mm increments
- The circle center finder tool helps produce maximum yield on logs smaller than 300mm in diameter
- The lathe center finder works on wood, poster board, plastic, metal, glass, composites and more! Center Finder Compass is perfect for wood turners, arts,crafts, school projects, rough and finish carpenters or use it anywhere you need to draw a circle
Bastex Professional Quality Wood Turning Chisel 8 pcs Set Included Lathes: 2 Skew 1 Spear Point 1 Parting 1 Round Nose & 3 Gouge Tools for Wood Working Professionals or Hobbyist. Starter Pack Kit
- GENERAL USAGE – Great for the professional or beginner. This High Quality Brand New Set is durable and dependable for all your wood cutting and working projects! Great Holiday Gift Idea for your hobbyist or handy man!No matter if you are carving intricate details into your favorite wood or chiseling runners for you faviorite furniture piece this set is sure to include your basic necessities.Great variety yet small and portable to easily store at home or carry to local woodworker events.
- DURABILITY – High quality wood handles with Steel edges make this tool able to provide a life time of enjoyment. Hobbiest and professionals alike will enjoy the durability and dependability in which this chisel set provides.
- ORGANIZED STORAGE- Stores easily and efficiently in a box.
- PRECISION- Steel cutting edges and high grade wood handles make this a must have in any wood working tool kit. Durable easy to sharpen edges make this a long lasting addition.
- CONTENTS: 2-Skew: 1", 1/2" , 1-Spear Point: 1/2" , 1-Parting Tool: 1/8" , 1-Round Nose: 1/2" , 3-Gouge: 1/4", 1/2", 3/4"
PSI Woodworking LBUFFSYS 3-Step Lathe Buffing System
2 used from $51.52
- This 3-step polishing system enables you to buff your woodturning projects directly on your lathe by mounting the included #2 Morse Taper mandrel in your lathe's headstock
- System includes: (1) #2MT 16" heavy duty mandrel, (3) 8" fabric buffing wheels (Linen, Linen/Flannel Combo, Flannel), (3) buffing compound bars (Tripoli, White Diamond, Carnuba Wax), hardware packet, and instructions
- Requires a lathe with a minimum of 1/2 horsepower and a heavy duty live tailstock center
- For best results, pre-treat your workpiece with danish oil
- Replacement wheels and buffing compound bars are available; Tripoli: Bar (LBUFFX1) & Linen Wheel (LBUFFW1); White Diamond: Bar (LBUFFX2) & Linen/Flannel Wheel (LBUFFW2); Carbuba Wax: Bar (LBUFFX3) & Flannel Wheel (LBUFFW3)
2 inch Diameter Bowl Sander with Dual Bearing Head and 2 inch Foam Hook and Loop Sander with 1/4 inch Mandrel and 9 inch Long Hardwood Handle
- When you need to finish sand the inside of your wood turned bowl it can be a challenge to keep the wood from showing scuff marks. Using a piece of hand held sandpaper can also be somewhat dangerous. Our bowl sander essentially fixes this issue by having a dual bearing, smooth rotating head that spins with the rotation of the bowl while the bowl is rotating on the lathe. The 9 inch long handle also helps keep your hands out of harms way.
- The head assembly is completely adjustable so it can be set to any angle that you need depending on the size and curve of your project. Unlike most other bowl sander head assembly’s, our bowl sander has two steel bearings to provide you with super smooth mandrel rotation while sanding on your lathe. This also helps to reduce the chance of marking your wood since the sander will be rotating without hanging up or catching like so many other brands do.
- It’s all about the pressure, or more like, its all about the light pressure and consistent technique. When sanding with the 2 inch bowl sander, applying too much pressure will likely produce some unsightly results. By applying light pressure and consistently moving the sander, you will achieve the results you are looking for and in a fraction of the time it typically takes when hand sanding your project.
- The head assembly is also capable of accepting other size sanders as long as the mandrel/shank size is 1/4 inch in diameter. Please be aware however that some manufacturers say 1/4 inch in diameter when in actuality the diameter is either smaller or slightly larger. 3 brass bushings of varying depths are included to make fitting sanders with different length mandrels/shanks easy.
- We have included the most common diameter sanding head with the bowl sander. This sander head is made from a foam material that gives just enough to provide you with wonderful looking results each time you sand your projects. This 2” head size works well on most bowl turning projects since it can work with larger or smaller work pieces. Also included 10 ea. 80 grit, 10 ea. 120 grit, 10 ea. 150 grit and 10 ea. 220 grit hook and loop sanding discs.
Be One With The Lathe Woodturning T-Shirt
- If you are a mill worker, carpenter or woodsmith and you love wood crafting this is the perfect design for you. Wear this while turning wood on the lathe.
- Makes a great gift. If you or a loved one spends HOURS turning wood into bowls, pens, and a million other things, this is perfect for you!
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
PSI Woodworking CF3SC 3" Lathe Faceplate/Screwchuck for 1" x 8tpi Spindle
- 3" Steel faceplate with screw chuck
- Pre-threaded to 1" x 8TPI
- (4) mounting holes with additional screw chuck option
- Includes (2) 1" screw chucks and (8) spare mounting screws
- Combination of screw chuck & faceplate mount provides a very safe & secure bowl turning setup
Aogbra 3.75-Inch 4-Jaw Wood Turning Lathe Nickel Plated Chuck and Laser Etched Jaw Set with T Bar Wrench and 6 Point Star Fasteners (1 Inch x 8TPI Thread)
- [PREMIUM QUALITY] The chuck body and bearings are made of high-quality, high-performance steel that is precisely machined to industry standards.
- [HIGH-PERFORMANCE JAWS] Multiple jaw sets provide great flexibility to the Aogbra chuck. The self-centering jaws provide superior gripping force, allowing for turning workpieces in a variety of different shapes and sizes.
- [PRECISION POLISHED COATING] Premium nickel plating and solid construction greatly reduce rust and maintenance, providing a smooth, accurate and beautiful addition to your lathe.
- [COMPLETE ACCESSORY SET] This complete lathe chuck set includes the Aogbra chuck, 5 jaw sets and necessary installation tools, and a woodworm screw to provide ultimate flexibility to your projects.
- [WIDE APPLICATION] This chuck set has numerous applications for your shop: General Lathe Use, Grinding, Milling, Drilling, Woodworking, and much more!
PSI Woodworking Products TM32 1/2-Inch Drill Chuck with #2 Morse Taper Arbor (1/2" 2MT)
6 used from $30.45
- Includes the 1/2" Drill Chuck, #2 Morse Taper Arbor, and Jaw Tightening Key
- This 3-Jaw Chuck will mount into the headstock or tailstock of any lathe that accepts #2MT accessories
- The #2MT Arbor accepts 1/4" x 20tpi draw bolt; Draw bolt not included
- Removes easily with knock out bar
- Great for holding drill bits, small turnings, dowels, pen mandrel shafts, and much more
Mophorn Wood Lathe 14" x 40", Power Wood Turning Lathe 1/2HP 4 Speed 1100/1600/2300/3400RPM, Benchtop Wood Lathe with 3 Chisels Perfect for High Speed Sanding and Polishing of Finished Work
$179.99 in stock
1 used from $134.99
- 1/2 Horse Power Motor: 1/2 Horse Power motor, Voltage: 110V. The powerful motor starts softly offering motor's maximize safety and low noise.
- 4 Grade Speeds: The adjustable belts can be adjust with ease and accuracy within 3400 RPM, 1100, 1600, 2300, 3400prm available.
- Large Work Capacity: 40" (1000mm) distance between centers, Cutting Diameter 14" (350mm). High concentricity. Moving tailstock to adjust proper distances for workpieces.
- Solid Steel Construction: Solid steel constructed wood lathes for durability and strength, providing increased stability and smooth operation, reducing vibration.
- Wrenches & Chisels: 3 wrenches are for easy using and maintainance. 3 chisels provided also, 1 x Skew Chisel, 1 x Shear Scraper and 1 x Spindle Gouge.